Organic Soap Nuts
Organic Soap Nuts
Soapberries are a wonderfully natural alternative to conventional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are actually a berry!
Soapnuts are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas. The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Our Soapnuts are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local community groups. By purchasing soapnuts, you are supporting a future for the Nepalese people, and also encouraging sustainable practices in the home- for our Earth.
Soap Nuts are 100%:
- Pure and natural
- Non allergenic (not a nut, really a berry)
- Antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-fungal
- Wild harvested (organic)
- Beneficial to grey-water and septic systems
- Not tested on animals
- Easy to use and most importantly, effective
- Budget friendly: Costs approximately 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Sustainable: Their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Can eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Useful in any area of the home: laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and others
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- For added effect, add a couple of drops of essential oils to the washbag!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the soapnuts for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
- You can use the soapnuts with other products simultaneously.
100g $8.50 (40 Washes)
250g $14.00 (100 Washes)
500g $20.00 (200 Washes)
1kg $30.00 (400 Washes)