OSFM Cloth Nappy Shell (4-18kg) *PRE-ORDER*
OSFM Cloth Nappy Shell (4-18kg) *PRE-ORDER*
***PRE-ORDERS OPEN: NEXT SHIPMENTS DUE Mid-April***
Please kindly note: If part of your order is pre-order, then your entire order won't be shipped until that item arrives.
~Organic Hemp Inserts (Larger Size & Elastics)
~Bamboo-Organic Cotton Inserts (Larger Size & Elastics)
- Shells will feature Extra Hip Snaps on the Waist Tabs from April Onwards
-ORGANIC COTTON will be used in Inserts from April Shipment Onwards
Our nappy collection is an innovative minimalist nappy system, designed to make nappy changing simple, efficient, cost-effective and environmentally friendly! Our products have been thoughtfully & ethically created featuring signature designer prints and custom elements.
What sizes are our Nappies:
Our collection includes 2 size options:
1) OSFM (One-size-fits-most) ranging for weights approximately 4kg to18kg (birth to toddler) depending on the shape of your little one.
2) MINI ranging for weights approximately 2-5kg (Designed for newborns and premature babies)
Both sizes are completely customizable regarding size, shape and absorbency, based on the specific needs of your little one.
What our Nappies Involve:
The B+B nappy system involves three separate pieces:
1) Outer waterproof shell with SNAPS/VELCRO closure (OSFM or MINI Shell Size)
2) Organic Hemp OR Bamboo-Organic Cotton Insert (OSFM or MINI Insert Size)
3) Microfiber Booster Pad (OSFM Size only)
Description of Our Nappy Shells:
The shell consists of a soft waterproof outer layer made of PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) featuring a stunning designer print, and a waterproof inner lining that allows for any mess to be easily wiped clean.
The unique waterproof lining means the shell can be reused, lasting numerous nappy changes before washing is required.
Made with light-weight waterproof materials, washing is as simple as a wipe-down, spray down or a rinse under the tap, and drying time is extremely fast.
Featuring double gusseting around the thighs to guard against leakage as well as gusseting at the rear of the nappy to avoid leakage up the back.
The Outer Shell Snap/Velcro Size System:
Involves two options to allow for custom shaping and fit:
1) Snap-Rise System: Four size settings allowing parents to customize the rise of the nappy to create a longer/shorter nappy- providing a custom fit around bottom and thighs. (These snaps are situated in the lower section of the front of the nappy shell.)
2) Waist-Snap System/Velcro: Double row of snaps/Velcro strip situated at the waist of the nappy (top of the front of the nappy shell), to allow for personalised fit to baby’s waist size. Overlapping closure feature also available.
How do the nappies work?
1) Adjust the front snap-rise sizing system (Situated at the lower section of the front of the nappy shell) by connecting the various snaps together to suit the length of your baby, providing a snug fit around bottom.
2) Snap the Insert in to the waterproof inner lining.
3) Overnight/Heavy Wetters: Snap the Microfiber booster pad to the waterproof inner lining first, and snap the Insert on top of the booster.
4) Close nappy, and adjust the waist snaps for a snug and secure fit around waist.
5) Pull leg gussets out around thighs for added comfort
6) When requiring nappy change, snap out soiled insert and snap clean one in. (Shells are completely waterproof and wipe-able to ensure multiple-use before washing, however you may choose to spray and wipe down/air-dry/wash between use.)
How many do I need?
The amount of supplies needed depends on the frequency parents wish to wash, and whether they have chosen to cloth nappy full-time or part-time. However we recommend parents wash the nappies every 1-2 days, and potentially daily for newborns as they are needing changing more regularly.
We also recommend as a minimum: 2-8 shells per day/night cycle (shells are easily wiped down between changes), 8-12 inserts per day/night cycle, 2-8 boosters for napping and overnight use per day/night cycle.
**Newborns will require more inserts due to more regular nappy changes***
SHELL CLOSURE OPTIONS:
1) Snaps (All Designs)
2) Velcro (Banana Leaf Only)
*Organic Hemp or Bamboo-Organic Cotton Inserts Available*
Single Set: $36.25 (Incl. GST)
1 Shell + 1 Organic Insert + 1 Microfibre Booster
Double Set: $60.50 (Incl. GST) (Save $11.99)
2 Shells + 2 Organic Inserts + 2 Microfibre Boosters
Basic Bundle: $143.00 (Incl. GST) (Save $36.19)
3 Shells + 9 Organic Inserts + 3 Microfibre Boosters
Ultimate Bundle: $275.00 (Incl. GST) (Save $100.98)
6 Shells + 18 Organic Inserts + 6 Microfibre Boosters + Large Wetbag
Super Bundle: $407.00 (Incl. GST) (Save $110.22)
9 Shells + 27 Organic Inserts + 9 Microfibre Boosters + Large Wetbag
Shell ONLY Packages:
(Ideal for use with alternate brand/homemade inserts)
1x Shell: $18.65 (Incl. GST)
3 x Shells: $49.50 (Incl. GST) (Save $6.45)
Banana Leaf ~ Aztec Pink ~ Tropical ~ Hemp Leaf ~ Aztec White ~ Aztec Blue ~ NEW Havana ~ NEW Hibiscus ~ NEW Palm Fronds
***PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR SUGGESTED WASHING TIPS & EXTRA INFORMATION ****
1. Shake waste off the insert into toilet or use a toilet spray attachment to spray solids into the toilet- then flush solids down the toilet. Optional: Hand rinse under laundry tap/hose to remove any excess.
2. If using disposable bamboo liners, remove the waste by shaking waste into toilet and flush, disposing of the liner in your garbage. Do not flush liners as they are a hazard to the environment and plumbing.
3. Place soiled insert in a dry bucket (no soaking necessary) until ready to wash.
4. Short Pre Rinse Cycle - COLD or WARM to remove any solids or excess urine prior to main wash (Detergent Optional). Best to use a rinse cycle that removes the dirty water if possible.
5. Normal length WARM, LONG or HEAVY cycle (Max 30-60 degrees) with recommended amount of detergent for your load ssize. Can be washed with family washing.
6. Line dry recommended for items. Tumble-dry INSERTS ONLY on lowest settings. Please do not tumble-dry Nappy Shells due to the nature of the PUL.
· Inserts consisting of natural fibers, such as Hemp/bamboo/cotton, require pre-washing before use, to increase absorbency. They can be used beforehand, but are most absorbent once pre-washing has occurred, minimum 4-6 washes.
· Pre-washing: Simply wash inserts in a normal cycle 3 - 5 times. (Detergent needed for first cycle only). Don’t dry in between washes. Once washed, remove from machine and stretch all inserts to maximum shape- pulling out ends and pulling out gusset flaps. Allow to completely dry before ready for use.
· Slight shrinkage with the natural fibre inserts may occur, however they will shrink to correct length needed for the shell snap sockets.
Extra Washing Information:
· Washing nappies with other items such as clothing is perfectly fine. Just add other items after the pre-rinse cycle has completed.
· Avoid highly perfumed or acidic detergents containing citrus or phosphates.
· Industry standards state using amount of detergent listed on the detergent packaging for your load size and machine type used. Plant Based Detergents may require more to achieve an effective wash.
· Do not use any detergents containing fabric softeners, optical brighteners or chlorine bleach as these can break down natural fibers or can leave residue on the insert and reduce absorption. Oxygen Bleach can be used on your natural fibre inserts and boosters.
· Do not use nappy balms or creams containing zinc or petroleum unless using a disposable liner, as these balms will result in residue sticking to the inserts and will reduce absorption.
· Do not expose the nappy shells to heat over 60 degrees.
· Do not soak nappies in any solutions such as those containing chlorine or bleach as this will affect lifespan and absorption.
· Drying in sunlight is the most economical and environmentally conscious option, and also aids to eliminate bacteria and will naturally bleach stains. Avoid leaving too long in direct sunlight once dry, as elastic and fabric may become stiff. Air-drying recommended after some sunshine drying.
· Line hanging: Avoid too much stress on the leg elastics when drying the shell. Recommended is draping the nappy shell horizontally over the line.