Organic Hemp Inserts (OSFM + MINI)
Organic Hemp Inserts (OSFM + MINI)
Pre-Orders Open: Due End March
NEW INSERTS FEATURE:
-Slightly larger offering more coverage in shell
-Slightly thicker elastic in Side Gussets to hold better shape
Organic Hemp Insert:
Consisting of four layers of ultra-absorbent Organic Hemp cotton and topped with Organic Hemp Fleece to provide a trim and very durable insert.
Easily snaps directly to the inner lining of the shell on to the sockets provided or directly on to the booster pad for overnight use or for a heavy wetter.
Contoured to provide a snug fit around the inner thighs.
The insert features gusseting around the thigh contour for maximum anti-leak protection.
Being a natural fiber, Hemp is a wonderful option for children with skin sensitivities.
Hemp is nature’s most absorbent fiber, absorbing four times more than cotton. Hemp is naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and is sustainably and organically grown, making it an environmentally conscious choice.
One-sized inserts create less complication and confusion, and result in more financial savings for parents. Babies grow at rapid rates, so having an insert that is able to provide protection as a newborn through to toilet training years is important. The one-sized insert will naturally appear bulkier on a newborn than a toddler, however they will grow into the bulk rapidly, and it means parents do not need to monitor the sizing differences and worry about purchasing more inserts as their baby grows.
MINI Hemp Inserts (Designed for our MINI Collection):
Our Mini Inserts are especially designed for our Mini Cloth Nappy Shells, suitable for Newborns and Premature babies within the weight range of 2.5kg-5kg. They can also be used with our classic shells.
OSFM Single Organic Hemp Insert: $10.95 (Incl. GST)
OSFM 5-Pack Organic Hemp Insert: $49.50 (Incl. GST)
OSFM 10-Pack Organic Hemp Insert: $88.00 (Incl. GST) (Save $19.50)
MINI Single Organic Hemp Insert: $9.30 (Incl. GST)
MINI 5-Pack Organic Hemp Insert: $43.95 (Incl. GST)
MINI 10-Pack Organic Hemp Insert: $76.60 (Incl. GST) (Save $14.55)
***Scroll down to bottom of page for PRE-WASHING Tips & Information***
· Inserts consisting of natural fibers, such as Hemp, require pre-washing to increase absorbency. They can be used beforehand, but are most absorbent once pre-washing has occurred, minimum 4-6 washes.
· Pre-washing: Simply wash hemp inserts in a normal cycle 3 - 5 times. (Detergent needed for first cycle only). Don’t dry in between washes. Once washed, allow to completely dry and then they are ready for use.
· Slight shrinkage with the hemp inserts may occur due to the all-natural fibers, however they will shrink to correct length needed for the shell snap sockets.
Extra Washing Information:
· Washing nappies with other items such as clothing is perfectly fine. Just add other items after the pre-rinse cycle has completed.
· Detergent: “If you can put it on your garden you can put it on your nappies” is the best motto. Avoid highly perfumed or acidic detergents containing citrus or phosphates.
· Industry standards state using amount of detergent listed on the detergent packaging for your load size and machine type used.
· Do not use any detergents containing fabric softeners, optical brighteners or bleach as these can break down natural fibers or can leave residue on the insert and reduce absorption.
· Do not use nappy balms or creams containing zinc or petroleum unless using a disposable liner, as these balms will result in residue sticking to the inserts and will reduce absorption.
· Do not expose the nappy shells to heat over 60 degrees.
· Do not soak nappies in any solutions such as those containing chlorine or bleach as this will affect lifespan and absorption.
· Drying in sunlight is the most economical and environmentally conscious option, and also aids to eliminate bacteria and will naturally bleach stains. Avoid leaving too long in direct sunlight once dry, as elastic and fabric may become stiff.
· Line hanging: Avoid too much stress on the leg elastics when drying the shell. Recommended is draping the nappy shell horizontally over the line.